The application engineer will be responsible to review customer specifications and scopes of work to break down the labor, material, installation and the process approach that will be required by Testek to provide a quotation for the proposed project. The application engineer will then be responsible to write scopes of work and review AutoCAD drawings for the installation and major equipment manufacturers which will include job site walk through activity, getting pricing on all required equipment and components. The engineer will then be responsible to organize all associated labor, equipment and installation costs for a proposal review. The engineer will be required create initial project schedule and then create the proposal letter for the customer as well as prepare cost break out sheets. The engineer will also handle any customer clarifications and follow up for the proposal. The engineer will report to the VP of Sales. A degree in Engineering and/or related experience in Engineering is a must. Strong technical background, prior experience in the role of an Application Engineer, must read and understand the customer’s technical specs and SOW.
IMMEDIATE NEED FOR A HYDRAULIC DESIGN ENGINEERTestek has a challenging opportunity for a Hydraulic Design Engineer. Your prime focus will be to provide overall design expertise and project management in the fields of Hydraulics, Fluid Power and Pneumatic based Test Equipment for the Aerospace market. You will be responsible for the overall design of various hydraulic test stands and/or fabrication packaging. You’ll oversee and coordinate the preliminary and final design of hydraulic test stands and other equipment, oversee the test and check out of the finished items. Your responsibilities will include sizing and selecting hydraulic components, drive and control systems and generating detailed test procedures and test reports. Project management experience will be essential as well as AutoCAD. Experience in 3D Modeling is a plus, but not required. Must have a thorough understanding of engineering processes including statics and dynamics, thermodynamics, hydraulics and pneumatics, instrumentation and data acquisition and control. Strong hydraulics background is essential. Must have minimum 7 years of experience in Hydraulics Design.
Immediate need multiple positions Qualifications: BS in Engineering Minimum 7 years of Engineering Experience (hardware and software) Computer programming experience in Visual Basic, or C++, C# Ability to quickly analyze and troubleshoot complex hardware/software systems Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with other team members, suppliers, and customers world wide Ability to prioritize and manage tasks effectively Ability to troubleshoot, fault isolation, fault diagnostics for instrumentation systems involving various sensors. Good organizational skills – must be able to manage several projects efficiently Must be hands on with the ability to start up a totally fresh, new system with new design and complete the assigned tasks while seeking the help of others as necessary. Extensive hardware and software experience including simulation, system integration, motion control, and data acquisition. Knowledge of communication interfaces (USB, GPIB, RS232, and Ethernet) Flexible to learn new software when necessary Proven ability to integrate hardware and software into functional and reliable automated test system Knowledge of hydraulics/pneumatics is helpful Responsibilities: Interpret design and test documentation to determine test requirements and software strategy Write application test programs Integrate hardware and software, verify conformance with specifications Research, design, and implement software changes to existing software executives Create or assist in creating technical documentation
Electrical Hardware / Electrical Controls / Instrumentation Engineers Immediate Positions. Positions Available = 2 Evaluating electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing Confirming system’s and components’ capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties
- Developing electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods
- Developing manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators
- Assuring product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities
- Designing electrical system for testing aerospace/industrial components
- Supporting test systems, including troubleshooting via phone/email
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Mechanical fixture, packaging and modeling of the complete custom machine with various components (such as base, motors, gearboxes, pumps, heat exchanger, cylinders, valves, etc.) into the model.
- Experience related to high pressure, high temperature pneumatic/process piping of 4 inch and larger diameter including weldment details, pipe supports, flex joints, etc.
- Must be able to produce a detailed drawing from discussion, rough sketch and/or partial information. Must be able to check the detail drawings/model with respect to dimensioning, manufacturing methods, tolerances and production.
- Must be able to conceptualize, develop, design and create manufacturing drawings for various jigs, fixtures, gears, shafts, brackets, weldments, bearing blocks, couplings, mounting adaptors, hydraulic fittings, machine bases, etc.
- Review and verify mechanical drawings prepared by others
- Familiar with material availability and machinability costs
- Familiar with design, selection and layout of mechanical power train components such as flexible shaft couplings, splines, bearings for high speed application (10,000 to 40,000 rpm)
- Familiar with design of gears and gearboxes
- Select components related to mechanical fixtures, component assembly (nuts, bolts, washers, O rings, seals, etc.)
- AutoCAD, hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical schematics. AutoCAD is a must. 3D modeling experience preferred
- Specific software skill not required except for Solid Works and AutoCAD
- Organized, able to set priorities/manage work
- Microsoft Office
- Able to troubleshoot, fault isolation, fault diagnostics for instrumentation systems involving various sensors. Knowledge of hydraulics/pneumatics not required; however, this can be helpful.
- Degree not required but minimum 10 years’ experience
- Travel less than 15% of the time
- Preferred in the area of custom systems, complex mechanical fixture, using automation, sensors, computer, data acquisition, etc.
- Must be able to communicate with other team members and supervisors without any hesitation
- Must be hands on with the ability to start up a totally fresh, new system with totally new design and complete the assigned tasks by seeking the help of others as necessary.
- Must have a US greencard or be a US citizen