custom test equipment since 1969
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Mechanical fixture, packaging and modeling of the complete custom machine with various components (such as base, motors, gearboxes, pumps, heat exchanger, cylinders, valves, etc.) into the model.
- Experience related to high pressure, high temperature pneumatic/process piping of 4 inch and larger diameter including weldment details, pipe supports, flex joints, etc.
- Must be able to produce a detailed drawing from discussion, rough sketch and/or partial information. Must be able to check the detail drawings/model with respect to dimensioning, manufacturing methods, tolerances and production.
- Must be able to conceptualize, develop, design and create manufacturing drawings for various jigs, fixtures, gears, shafts, brackets, weldments, bearing blocks, couplings, mounting adaptors, hydraulic fittings, machine bases, etc.
- Review and verify mechanical drawings prepared by others
- Familiar with material availability and machinability costs
- Familiar with design, selection and layout of mechanical power train components such as flexible shaft couplings, splines, bearings for high speed application (10,000 to 40,000 rpm)
- Familiar with design of gears and gearboxes
- Select components related to mechanical fixtures, component assembly (nuts, bolts, washers, O rings, seals, etc.)
- AutoCAD, hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical schematics. AutoCAD is a must. 3D modeling experience preferred
- Specific software skill not required except for Solid Works and AutoCAD
- Organized, able to set priorities/manage work
- Microsoft Office
- Able to troubleshoot, fault isolation, fault diagnostics for instrumentation systems involving various sensors. Knowledge of hydraulics/pneumatics not required; however, this can be helpful.
- Degree not required but minimum 10 years’ experience
- Travel less than 15% of the time
- Preferred in the area of custom systems, complex mechanical fixture, using automation, sensors, computer, data acquisition, etc.
- Must be able to communicate with other team members and supervisors without any hesitation
- Must be hands on with the ability to start up a totally fresh, new system with totally new design and complete the assigned tasks by seeking the help of others as necessary.
- Must have a US greencard or be a US citizen