custom test equipment since 1969
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Gathering proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals
- Develop proposals by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation. As well as, writing and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organizational credentials
- Fulfill proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and setting target dates for information gathering, writing, reviewing, and approvals; coordinating requirements with contributors.
- Contribute proposal status information and updates for review meetings.
- Determine proposal requirements by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFP), state of work (SOW), and specifications.
- Determine proposal concept by using identified requirements for selection of existing test equipment models for modification or indicating need for new model type.
- Develop price sheet showing material estimates, engineering hours, and manufacturing hour estimates.
- Collect cost information by gathering internal data or outside quotes.
- Generate written proposals using templates or past proposal references.
- Maintain quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone.
- Accomplish organization’s goals by accepting ownership for executing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value through job accomplishments.
- Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and redesigning processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Prepare presentations by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing
- Obtain approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers
Back to Careers
- BS/BA in relevant discipline preferred, plus a minimum of five years of directly relevant proposal management experience
- Presentation Skills, Written Communication, Graphic Design Skills, Technical Documentation, Layout Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Strategic Planning, and Market Knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize effectively
- Proven experience coordinating multiple disciplines within an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential, including the ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with clients and team members alike.
- Willingness to participate in a team-oriented environment
- Proven high level of proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, and other relevant software
- Proven experience in successfully responding to government solicitations
- Familiarity with custom equipment engineering design and manufacturing; hands on experience preferred
- Previous work experience in an estimation department of an engineering company required